Hello, and welcome to the inaugural blog post for Ancient Fern Medicine. We are very excited to be launching this new adventure, and look forward to writing about some of our favorite health and Chinese medicine topics in the weeks and months to come. We wanted to start by writing an introduction to help our current and prospective patients get to know us better.
In the process of developing our new website we spent a lot of time trying to define our “brand”, and a clear vision for what it is we’re trying to accomplish in the world. We chose careers in healthcare for the obvious reason of wanting to help people, but we were asked about what we feel makes our work unique? The answer we came up with is our VALUES!
Our values are the cornerstone of our business and they inform every decision we make, from the smallest administrative task, to the way we deliver patient care. Everything is done with the intention to reflect these values.
Tim and I have a long history of contemplating life’s mysteries and big questions together. It’s part of what drew us together as a couple, and as business partners. Here we are back when we first met, gazing into the abyss and having a deep philosophical conversation about the nature of healing.
When we sat down to define our values for our business, we listed them independently, and when we compared answers found that our answers were an exact match. That made it pretty clear to us that this is the driving motivation behind everything we do. Here are our answers.
- INTEGRITY– We hold ourselves to the highest personal and professional standards of conduct. This means putting the needs of our patients first, and operating our business with a high degree of transparency.
- COMPASSION-One of the most important aspects of what we do is listening, accepting, and having compassion for everyone who enters our clinic.
- AUTHENTICITY-We will always be our full, authentic selves. We will show up with an open heart, and bring the entirety of our knowledge and personal experience to serve each and every patient.
- SUSTAINABILITY-We take great care to reduce and eliminate waste, use environmentally friendly products, and support renewable energy. We use herbal medicine companies that adhere to the highest ethical and environmental standards in their harvesting and production practices.
- TRUST-We work hard to cultivate a high degree of trust between each patient and their practitioner. This relationship can be a powerful therapeutic tool, and it is of the utmost importance to us that patients know that we provide safe, accepting, confidential, and non judgmental space for them.
We hope this gives you a glimpse into our inner workings, and the intentions that we bring to the care we provide. We always welcome your questions and comments, as well as requests on health topics you’d like to see us write about.